Commercial Gallery

The restoration of the building required that the original 1885 portion of the building be restored to its original state and that the restoration of the early 1900’s addition would be restored as far as it’s historically significant structure and exterior facades are concerned. The addition was mainly built of wood, unlike the original 1885 masonry veneer section, making it much easier to restore. Much of the wood siding on the building had been replaced with newer wood siding that had to be replaced because it is not in keeping with the materials that were originally used. Jaycox Architects & Associates won a Historic Preservation Award from the City of Jacksonville for this rehabilitation.

Commercial Architecture Gallery